Born in Moscow to a family of musicians, Sergey Belyavskiy began playing piano at age 5 and by the time he was nine, he was accepted to the finest music school in Russia - Central Music School under the Moscow State Conservatory. At eleven, he won his first international competition and at twelve performed his first recital. Since that his concert performances have spanned the international globe: Israel, USA, Germany, Spain, Italy, San Marino, France, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, South Korea, Japan, China, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Ukraine, Poland, Greece, Morocco, Australia.
He finished Central Music School in Moscow State Conservatory under Vera Chistyakova (Kameneva) in 2011 and after he completed studies at the Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory with Eliso Virsaladze in 2016. In 2016-2016 he studied with Arie Vardi at the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music at Tel Aviv University. Now Sergey is taking regular lessons with Lev Natochenny in Frankfurt.
Since 2005, Sergey became a multi-prize winner of numerous competitions and festivals:
• 3rd Prize, 6th international "Nutcracker TV Competition”, Moscow, 2005.
• First solo concert at Center Hall in memory of Anton Chekhov , Moscow in 2005.
• 1st Prize, 8th international “Vladimir Krainev Young Pianists Competition”, Kharkov, Ukraine, 2006.
• Preferred by Audience Prize” at “7th TV Competition”, Moscow, 2006.
• Winner of “Prize of the President of the Russian Federation” in support of talented youth, 2009.
• Recipient of “Special Prize of European Union of Music Competitions for Youth”,2010.
• 3rd Prize, “Second International Stanislav Neuhaus Piano Competition”, Chelyabinsk, 2010.
• 1st Prize, “7th International “Competition ‘Dedication to F. Liszt’ ", Moscow, 2010. • Holder of fellowship of Mstislav Rostropovich Foundation 2010-2011
• Diplomant and finalist of the Liszt Ferenc International Piano Competition Budapest, Hungary, 2011
• Best Internet Performer Award of “American Protege Internet Competition”,2011
• 3rd Prize, 8th “International Piano Competition”, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2013
• 2nd Prize, Public Voting Prize of 60 Maria Canals International Piano Competition, Barcelona, Spain 2014
• Semi-finalist and Winner of the Henk de By Incentive Prize of the 10th Liszt International Piano Competition (Utrecht, Netherlands, 2014)
• Grand Prize and the overall winner of the “eMuse” Online Music Competition 2015 (Athens, Greece)
• Semi-finalist and winner of the The Chairman of the Board's Prize for the best performance of F.Liszt works of one the most prestigious piano competitions in the world - 2016 Sydney International Piano Competition of Australia
• 2nd Prize, Public Voting Prize of Liszt Ferenc International Piano Competition, Budapest,Hungary, 2016
Belyavskiy has performed as a soloist as well as with internationally acclaimed symphonic orchestras such as “Musica Viva”(conductor A. Rudin, Meritorious Artist of Russia);Russian National Orchestra (conductor A. Sladkovsky , Meritorious Artist of Russia); Chamber Orchestra «Kremlin” (conductor M. Rakhlevsky , Meritorious Artist of Russia); Georgian Chamber Orchestra Ingolstadt (conductor L.Isakadze Meritorious Artist of Georgia); Moscow State Sympony Orchestra (Chief Conductor P. Kogan); Szeged Sympony Orchestra (Hungary);Budapest Symphony Orchestra of the Hungarian Radio; Kazakhstan State Symphonic Orchestra;Symphonic Orchestra of Kharkiv Philarmonic (Ukraine);Lviv Virtuoses Chamber Orchestra (Ukraine);Tchaikovskiy Symphony Orchestra (conductor Vladimir Fedoseev, People’s Artist of the USSR);Orquestra Simfonica del Valles (conductor Eduardo Portal);“Philarmonie der Nationen” (conductor Justus Frantz , famous German pianist and conductor)
Sergey has released three solo CDs, most recently of Chopin’s 24 Etudes.